Contact the Administration Department for Your Plumbing Maintenance

We were recently asked who was responsible for utilities maintenance in a retirement village scenario, so we spoke to a few local trades to get their take.

Plumbing Maintenance

Whether you live in an apartment complex, retirement village or any other type of gated community, it is always important to know the proper procedures for utility maintenance and repairs. If you’ve had plumbing issues in the past, the experience can be distressing. However, by knowing what to do beforehand, you can save yourself the headaches and even some money.

Contacting the Administration Department

We spoke to Berwick’s own Pivot Plumbing who told us “If you do have plumbing issues in your home, such as a leaking tap, make sure that you contact the retirement village administration before you try to contact a plumbing contractor on your own. The retirement village administration may already have a plumber who will be able to take care of all of your plumbing issues.”

Moreover, the retirement village could also have a contract with the plumbing company, which can save you money compared to an independent contractor you find on your own.

More Benefits and Your Plumbing

Another benefit that you can get from contacting the administration department about your plumbing issue is that the plumbing job may also be guaranteed or insured. This means that if your plumbing is still malfunctioning after the repairs, the plumber could come back and fix it for free or at a discounted price. The administration department will usually ask the plumbers for proper licensing and if they are insured as well.

Get the Results You Need

You will want to avoid trying to fix the plumbing problem yourself. Even if you do have knowledge about plumbing repairs, any little mistake that happens can come out costly. Rest assured that by following these tips, you will have the results that you need for your home’s plumbing.